July 05, 2007

Two posts in a row, who knew that I had so much time on my hands. Anyway, today is going to be a change of pace. I've recently discovered bit torrents and now I'm able to download all those movies that I always meant to see. I think my summer project after the Harry Potter thing dies down will be to see AFI's top 100 movies. So today I started with Citizen Kane. With out further rambles from an intoxicated mind, here are my thoughts on the movie:

The first thing I noticed about Citizen Kane is that this is a beautiful film. I love the camera angles, low points in Kane's life shot from low angles, like the camera is on the floor. Aside from the camera angles I found that black and white film provides for ambiance that I've never seen in color film.

Okay, so it's a great movie and that was my attempt to remember how to write. I guess I forgot more than I thought. Anyway, it was a beautiful movie with rich characters and an engaging plot. The trouble is, the entire movie is set in turn of the century America. I'm sorry, but I simply cannot identify with these characters. Sure they're polite and honorable, but they're but another reminder of what society has become. Ruthless hedonists run our country and our freedoms rotting away like trash abandoned on the expressway to Hell.

No comments: