April 11, 2007

So another trip to Eugene and I realize that I'm not 19 any more. Maybe I was never 19, that year was sacrificed to Job Corps in search of maturity and acceptance. The point being, I don't have to be wild and drink 'till I puke every night, I don't have to go on wild adventures across unfamiliar terrain in search of herbal sustenance. So maybe I never had the wild years of partying that most people enjoy between 18 and 21 when everything is new. You're not quite an adult, but you can do whatever you want. But I don't think I'm going to mourn for something I've never had, I like feeling like I'm 30 even though I'm only 21. I love being an adult, with bills to pay, taxes, a job, health insurance. I even love the responsibility of being a Senior Rep. in my personal corner of Hell. So goodbye to those years that were never really mine, good bye to parties and mindless wandering. I'd love to say I'll miss you, but you were never really mine.

No comments: