November 04, 2008

Where was I when Barack Obama got elected? I was sitting in my apartment with my roommates and a friend trying pot brownies for the first time while drinking Bacardi Gold and Cokes. Obama seems like an amazing leader with a view for the future. I really liked that line about how change did not come tonight, but the chance for change came. When he was giving his speech he didn't talk like he won a Superbowl or something, he looked like he just got a huge promotion, and fulfilled a dream. Obama seemed, honored, proud, humbled and just a little sad. Especially when he talked about his grandmother, you could tell that he was holding back tears. I like that he was honest about the sacrifices all Americans need to make, he told us that it's not going to be easy, but it's been done before and now is the time for another change. Again back to humble, but he seemed humble when he talked about becoming a responsible world citizen. He told us that we're all countries are working toward a common goal, and that America is ready to do what it takes to make it better. He really made me feel that America isn't done yet. That we'll repair the damage. Now I just really hope that he lives up to what he says. I hope he takes the lead and go for it. I hope he doesn't let the Republicans scare him into complacency. Most of all, I hope he lasts long enough to be more than a footnote in a text book.

No comments: