January 29, 2018

The Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil

I have just eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  I know why there is evil in the universe.  Finally!  I'll do my best to explain it:

God created all things good and man and Satan corrupted us because he gave us free will.  For example: food is good, man corrupted it into gluttony, obesity, over eating, food addiction.  Fruit, fermentation is good, man corrupted it by becoming drunkards and addicts.  God created man with the desire to protect his family and what is his, man corrupted this into violence. 

So if God knows everything and knew that his good would be corrupted, then doesn't that make him the creator of evil as well?  Not really.  When God created man and the angles (Satan) he gave us free will because he wanted us to choose to love him. He is a jealous god, he wants us to choose to love him.  As a consequence of that free choice to love him or not to love him, evil and sin is created.  He knew it would happen, but he knew that it would eventually lead to good and he did create all things good. 

This is too new an idea for me to fully articulate, but let me talk about the consequences of this revelation.

I finally know why there is evil in the universe and evil is good.  God is not a bad guy.  I knew that, but now I  KNOW that God is good.  I have an almighty Father looking out for me.  God is such an awesome father.  He is the father that I never had.  I think maybe he created me very intellectual.  He gave me gifts for words and the desire, the thirst for knowledge, but he wants me to know him.  In order for me to know his true glory, I had to thirst for a father figure my entire life so when I found God, I would understand the true gift of his love.  Every single thing that has happened to me, every bit of darkness, has lead up to this Supreme Good in my life.

I have glimpsed God's plan for me.  And OMG, life is so good.  I have received my reward in Jill.  Jill is the culmination of every bit of darkness that I ever experienced.  For so many ways, she is the perfect woman for me.  She is everything I ever dreamed of in a woman.  Just a small example.  I got out of class and I NEEDED to talk to her.  Not only did she answer me while sitting at her desk and spend 15 minutes talking to me about nothing and everything (the conversation that never ends), she helped me to focus on something other than myself.  She told me about her day and some guy not showing up for a big job with a major client, and suddenly, my mind was off of me and onto: oh my god, my woman is having a stressful day, I need to make her feel better.  I asked her if she was caffeinated, I asked her if she ate breakfast (she didn't, [brat!]) but I told her she needed something fruity for lunch to help her with her headache.  That is the kind of man I want to be.  She helps me get out of my own head and brings out the protector in me.  She makes me less selfish and then took care of me by having coffee delivered to Wal-Mart here so I have coffee for the week.  We take care of each other.  Life is SOOOOO good, and I wouldn't appreciate it if it weren't for every dark thing that happened to me.  Every bit of pain, fear, loneliness lead up to the rewards I am reaping now.

Thank you God.  For life.  For everything that has ever happened to me to lead me to this moment.

No comments: