April 16, 2006

I keep meaning to write about my vacation, I wanted to do it in a more creative way, but it seems the further away I get from it, the harder it is to remember. So let me just make a list of things I did and places I went and what I felt about them etc. So it won't be the long rambling after the fact journal that I wanted, but here's something anyway.

Vacation day 2, d day minus 1

  • Woke up at 4 am after going to bed after 1 am
  • I can't believe I'm going to be spending countless hours in THAT seat
  • Picked up Sue and DJ, We can't believe it's finally here!!
  • Stopped in Roseburg, bought the new engergy drink that drinks like a soda
  • Is it healthy to smoke three cigarettes in 15 minutes?
  • Stopped again in Ashland, Sobe Engery Drinks aren't carbonated, lol
  • Skipped Medford, and onto Weed.
  • Weed is just a truck stop, but the views of Mt. Shasta are Amazing.
  • Just outside of Weed and it's snowing in the middle of Spring!
  • We're running SO behind schedule!
  • Onto Redding and $0.20 tacos, Yum!
  • Yey, we're stopping after Sacramento, my knees hurt so bad in this little seat.
  • An hour after Sacramento and still no stop.
  • Oh thank God, a rest stop.
  • Three miles down the road, we see a town with a truck stop, ugh!
  • Another rest stop, oooh look an Ice cream machine
  • $2.00 for an ice cream bar, but it was SOOO cool with a tube with a vacume, it looked like a claw machine!
  • On to In and Out, lol.
  • In and out, it's SO crowded and the menu is simple.
  • Good food, not impressed by the fries though.
  • A stop at a Motel 6, yey I got a smoking room for under $40, what a steel.
  • Yey Sopranos, damn tv is too dark to watch though.

No comments: