September 26, 2008

Ahh, waking thoughts. They're either completely on the mark still fresh with the unspoken fears my dreams or completely off the mark before the rationalization of daylight dissolves the darkness of my subconscious.

Today I muse on the fact that after a night of hanging out with friends and feeling like I fit in, I still wake up with the old insecurities: "Do they really like me or are they just being nice? Do I really fit in as well as I thought last I did last night? Am I still that insecure little 8th grader mistaking people being polite with people actually liking me? Will I wake up tomorrow with the adult equivalent of being taken to the counselor saying that I'm following them around?"

You'd think after all this time I'd be over it. Will these insecurities ever go away?

No comments: