June 21, 2010

Rejected by the sure thing. The more I think I change, the more I realize how much I haven't. There's a lot to say here, but it's all been said before. Feelings of abandonment. Was it really that there's no feelings or was it because of something physical? It's always something physical. As if I don't have enough to deal with in life with my complete lack of social skills, I have to deal with *that* too? So even if I get past the social skills thing as soon as it gets physical, they run away. And the one that didn't run away at first, ran away later. They always run away. Eventually. Yeah I'm going to pick myself up and try again, and again, and again. Eventually something has to give, or maybe I really will have to fulfill the pact. Of course that's for 26 years, so I have plenty of rejection to look forward too. I guess it makes me stronger, but the fact that I always had somebody out there that liked me made me feel like if all else fails, there's still her. And now there isn't. 26 long years of rejection to look forward to, 24 long years to look back on. Moments of happiness with long years of nothingness between. Here's to Happily Ever After, now just a little further away than ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only part that matters in the end is you will pick yourself up again. It may sound trite but it's still true. the difference between failure and success is that you keep trying.