November 01, 2005

Can you believe Bush today? This guy is Fighting the flu. It's the flu people. It's not some scary bad guy with a towel on his head. The flu will not blow up buildings. It's a goddamned cold! So let the shrub have his war on flues. Wouldn't it be hilarious to see New York quarantined, lol. It would be like a cheap disaster novel. Call me sadistic or naive, but to see Bush out there in a quarantine suit giving a speech from the middle of Times Square would be even more funny than seeing him jump out of the back seat of a jet on an aircraft carrier.

Yeah I know, that was incredibly disrespectful to troops, America, the President, etc., et. Al. And to those that I offend, I'm truly almost sorry. I'm not sorry for what I said, but sorry that you've been so indoctrinated by the dogma that the Republicans stuff down your throat like so much BS.


In other news, I finished the shadow of the Hegemon. Now it's onto shadow Puppets. For those of you that haven't read the Ender series: go to Hell. Because now I'm going into critiques that you'd have to be in the know to understand. The books were written in the following order:

Enders Game
Speak for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind
Enders shadow
shadow of the Hegemon
shadow Puppets
shadow of the Giants

Though they were written in that order, Enders Game and Enders shadow stand on their own. You could read either of these without reading any of the others. But I think you would find the most enjoyment from this series by reading Ender's Game then Ender's shadow.

Then decide which character you like better. If you like the bold leader with a weak but intelligent core the go with Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide and Children of the Mind, which is about Ender's quest to save an entire alien species. This series is not bad, and I ate this series up in three weeks or so at Job Corps.

For those who liked Bean (Enders best friend) There's the shadow series. Shadow of the Hegemon, shadow Puppets and shadow of the Giants, these books are completely different from the Ender series. From what I've read in shadow of the Hegemon, which I just finished, these books are about Ender's brother uniting the world under his power. Personally, I like Peter. His quest for power is all for a good cause, and so far he hasn't killed anyone with his own hands.

So enough of that, this post is getting extremely long. More later.

No comments: