February 25, 2012

I don't get it and I shouldn't have to anymore.  I've been living in the same house as my family for the past 6 months and I still don't get along with my step-father.  It's the same issues that we had growing up, but this time I'm actually trying to bend to his will instead of fighting it like I used to.  He recently made it clear that he is the Alpha Male of the household and I have respected that ever since and he still treats me as if I don't exist.  I got back from a recent trip to Albany last night and he has yet to say a single word to me.  I used to think that I've been attempting to gain my mother's approval all these years, but I've had her's all along.  It's his approval that I've wanted all along and I will never get it.  Still, I should be satisfied with this cold war, at least there's no open aggression between us anymore.  At least it creates peace on the surface and reduces the stress on my little sister who's been having stomach issues that they still can't figure out, but they think may be related to stress.  So for the little sisters, for the good of the family, I will maintain the status quo.  If something blows up and goes nuclear, it could and probably will lead to me being kicked out onto the streets with nowhere to go but down.  What I need is a deterrent.  What kept the cold war going for so long without it going to nuclear war was Mutually Assured Destruction, what can I get on him that will cause him to loose as much as me if the situation should erupt? 

No comments: