August 23, 2006

So after all that whining about spending my birthday alone, I ended up having a great time. Four days of having fun, and it wasn't all drinking, well a lot of it was. So just a little description of exactly what I did then how I feel:

So Friday I wake up not sure on what to do with my weekend, but I see my cousin online and I decide to drive to Springfield and go to the fair with her and her bf. It was a lot of fun and a lot of walking. But I saw the OCC bike that the Oregon Lottery is giving away. And I ate a Bavarian Cream, funnel cake. This is the world's perfect food. It was amazing and perfect in every possible way. Fried dough topped with a scoop of Bavarian Cream, topped with whipped cream, then powdered sugar and chocolate syrup. A heart attack on a plate. Ironically I had a Diet Pepsi with that, lol. And I wasted plenty of money on midway games winning almost nothing. But Sue and DJ are always fun to hang out with.

The next day was spent just hanging out at my uncle's staring at the walls willing time to pass. But after Carly got off, things got fun. We stopped at the liquor store just because I've never been in one. I ended up with a bottle of Jose, and one of Seagram's. So I start nipping at the Seagrams around 6, and get a small buzz going. And before I start to list what I remember, you have to realize that this is all on an empty stomach. The only thing I had eaten in the past 24 hours was some eggs and toast around 9 that morning. So right before we leave, I impress my uncle by downing half of that pint of Jose in one shot. Then Dave, Carly, Nina and me go out bar hopping. We start out at some sports bar that my uncle heard good things about. And order a round of Long Island iced teas. Then comes a shot of Jeggermister (sp?) then something pink, something called a Camakazi, a shot of Gin, a shot of Jack, a Corona with lime. And I'm sure I missed something there. Then comes my first ever strip bar, I forget what the name of it was, but a long island iced tea and a beer later, I'm getting a lap dance from some random girl. Eventually we end up at The Silver Dollar in Eugene. This is where everything gets fuzzy then black, I remember hearing last call, and I remember somebody handing me a t-shirt. Then the next day I wake up yelling about how drinking should be illegal. That it's philsophically wrong to get THAT intoxicated. And then we spend an amazing weekend on the coast, having WAY too much fun. All boring kind of family stuff. Except for a trip to Moby Dick's, a rough local bar in Newport. That was a lot of fun, just had a drink there and watched the drunk locals singing Karaoke. My uncle wouldn't let me get up there and sing Disturbed, ha ha.

Now looking back on this weekend, I realize that I had a lot of fun. Just an amazing time where nothing really went wrong. But it still did not completely distract me from the inevitable. I spent more money than I should have, and now all I feel is guilt, with an extreme reluctance to go back to my old routine. I just don't want to be here today (work). What I learned, life sucks, no matter how much you distract yourself by having fun, going back to the real world sucks.

No comments: