October 17, 2006

So I wake up today with a potentially good attitude, and I had some coffee which I rarely do. I talk myself up in the middle of an empty apartment, and I say today is going to be a good day, I talk up my job to myself, and I tell myself that I life is good, and I appreciate all that I have. I realize in my feigned joy that my attitude at work has sucked, and if I don't change it, I'm going to loose my job at the worst possible time. So I come to work to an e-mail complaining about my attitude. I get scared, really scared, are all my fears coming true, am I going to be fired? Probably not, but there's a good possibility. I hope that I can apologize and ask for one more chance. If not, I'll deal with it the best that I can. I'm sure it'll be okay. Here's a draft of an apology that I wrote:

What I'm about to say is pure excuse and you have no reason to care, I know that your concern is the company and only the company. I realize that my attitude is bad, t's been horrible, and disgraceful. All I can say is that I have a tendency to sabotage myself when I get bored or dissatisfied with my job. Today I woke up and I realized that I have a good job. This job is fun, I get to help people, and yeah people can be stupid, and so can reps but I'm not better than anybody and I forgot that for a long time.

Now I realize I have no business being a senior. I know it's hard work, and I've been lazy. I'm not ready for it. What I always fail to grasp in life, is that it's not enough to be good at something, you have to be a good person too. There's no excuse for how I've acted and I apologize.

I'm sure there will be more to that, but I think it sounds pretty sincere. If anybody reads this, a few words of encouragement would go a long way today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*Hugs* it sounded good (the letter that is)

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, was in Pendleton for a week.