January 02, 2006

Life is going great, and yet, I still wait for it to crash into the familiar misery that I've always known. I've accepted the futility of it all, that we all live life in the pursuit of distraction. I've learned to embrace my loneliness, even enjoy it. But always there is the undefined longing, the subtle feeling of waiting, and never quite knowing why. Lost potential and hidden desire Replaced by divine obscurity. How long must I feel this way before it all becomes clear, and I have a purpose in life? Isn't that the question we all ask ourselves? Or maybe it isn't. Maybe in my quest for conformity, I rationalize the most obscure thoughts.


That would be a great place to end, but I have other news. I've been promoted, not really because promotion implies raise, and they would never give me more money. But now I'm on the question and escalation que, I think, considering I've gone 7 minutes without a call and I haven't gone 7 minutes without a call all day, it makes me think I'm on it. Anyway, I passed the test so I'm feeling big. Until I get my first question or escalation and I f*ck it up. But for now I'm feeling big.

No comments: