January 20, 2006

So I was depressed now after thinking on it for 4 hours, and almost half way though the day, I'm just Mad! So please excuse the all caps as I tell you why I'm mad.

THEY SAY THAT THE REASON I DIDN'T THE JOB IS BECAUSE I'M NOT EXPERIENCED ENOUGH. THAT THE TEAM DOESN'T TRUST ME TO KNOW WHAT I'M DOING. I FILLED OUT THEIR DAMNED QUESTION/ESCALATION QUEUE TEST AND I ACED IT. I WAS ON THE QUEUE FOR 2 DAYS BEFORE THEY TOOK ME OFF. I CONSTANTLY ASK FOR MORE WORK AND I NEVER COMPLAIN. I ALWAYS, ALWAYS WORK OUT KNOW MORE THAN PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN HERE TWICE AS LONG! NOW I DON'T WANT TO GO OFF ON A RANT ABOUT HOW MUCH THIS COMPANY SUCKS BECAUSE I'VE LEAKED THE LOCATION OF THIS BLOG TO PERSON FROM WORK AND AS MUCH AS I THINK I TRUST HER, I WILL NOT PUT JOB IN ANYBODY'S HANDS. BUT I'LL TYPE IT AND REFRAIN FROM PUBLISHING FOR NOW. THIS COMPANY IS THE FAST FOOD OF THE BUSINESS WORLD. WHY I EVER THOUGHT I WANTED TO ADVANCE IS BEYOND ME. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I WAS SO PROUD OF THIS JOB, IT'S NOTHING AND I KNOW IT. WOULD I BE THIS PROUD OF WORKING AT BURGER KING? OF COURSE NOT, AND WOULD I BE PROUD OF BEING ASSISTANT MANAGER AND SAID BURGER KING? HELL NO. THIS IS JUST A JOB AND I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE. SERIOUSLY I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I WAS SO PROUD OF THIS, AND THAT JUST EATS AT ME.

To realize that the confidence I had built up was for nothing. I fed these people mounds of BS about how I want to stay with this company and advance, etc, etc. etc, and they loved the interview. But they wouldn't give me the job! UGH! Seriously, how much ass do I have to kiss in this place to get ahead? The money isn't great, so I'm not doing for the money, but my god. There is nothing that I could have done differently that would have gotten me this job. And that's what makes me mad. I did everything right and I did it all exceptionally, and it wasn't good enough! So when my best isn't good enough, then it's time to give up. I want to know, but I shouldn't ask, did they just give me the same speech that they gave everyone else, or does it matter. I want to forget about life right now,

No comments: