September 05, 2011

First day in Labanon, and I can't help but miss all those things about Albany that I was running away from.  Not just the mechanical stuff, but the idiot drunks that I woke up to every morning, the loud annoying neighbors, and I miss Suzan.  I didn't get to say goodbye to her before I left.  I'm sure she'll barely even notice that I'm gone, except for the free babysitter part.  But I know she was never going to be my Happily Ever After, but it was nice having a someone to talk to when I felt down, someone just to hang out with when I was bored, someone who trusted me with her deepest secrets and her most precious possessions.  Just her being in my life made it a little bit better.  And now, she's gone.  Along with so much of the rest of the mindless crap that made my day tolerable and my life my own.  And it's all my fault.  I decided that I wasn't strong enough to "Just Say No".  So I had to leave. I had to run away from my problems the first chance I got.  I sad.  Maybe tomorrow will be different.  Oh and for now: Q2.

No comments: