September 29, 2011

Now is the time decide if I am going to be part of this family or just another renter.  Rather, it's time for them to decided if they want me as part of this family or just another renter.  I actually wanted to be part of this family, I wanted to recapture what I didn't have growing up.  Maybe it was never there. This isn't my fault.  I tried.  I tried to make this work.  When they raised the rent by $50, I didn't say anything.  When they violated the complete sovereignty of my room that I insisted upon before agreeing to move, I still didn't protest.  I bent over and took it because I wanted to help my family. They were getting evicted and I stepped in to help them.  I gave up my life to pay THEM rent.  Granted, it wasn't much of a life to give up.  But I still tore myself away from it to help them.  It's not as if I haven't suffered.  The limited social skills that I have fought so hard for have gone.  I can't go into Wal*Mart without being attacked by anxiety.  I can't enjoy being around my friends without being nervous.  Of course it was like this before.  And I really don't have any point here.  I'm just frustrated.  I wanted to be part of this family, but I'm feeling like they don't want me to be.  If they're not going to offer me a place to sit in the living room, if I'm going to be expected to sit on the floor to be part of this family, if rent does not entitle to me to even a small portion of what should be a common area, then fuck them.  I'll be just another renter.  These people don't mean anything to me.  Of course they do.  But I can pretend.

1 comment:

albanymaverick said...

Sounds like a bait & swith deal to me. I'd be checking the ads for greener pastures.

As far as being nervous or paranoid in public, consider this: most people are focused on themselves and don't even know u r alive.

If u think people are looking at u or talking about u, so what.

Might I suggest some weight lifting. U will feel and look better
with a consistent routine.

Start small. Two 10lb dumbbells will suffice. Lift for 5 or 10 mintues a couple times a days while watching TV if you'd like. Develop a variety of routines. Remember to eat right & stretch.

Before u know it, you'll be adding more weight to the routine. You'll feel taller and stronger. As your confidence builds, the anxieties will subside.

U can always try reading "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.
It's actually good reading
and worth the investment.

Good Luck
albanymaverick