September 10, 2011

Q7 - Sobriety Sucks

When do the cravings ever end?  Six days of sobriety and I'm bored and lonely and I'm afraid that I'm loosing the little bit of social skills that I acquired through years of intoxication.  I'm afraid to go out, I'm afraid to go back to Albany.  What if I go back and I find that it's not all that I've built it up to be.  It's only been five days since I've left, but it might as well be a lifetime.  I'm sure they've all but forgotten about me there.  What if I am all alone?

Oh and I still have money. Like over $80 and I have eight packs of cigarettes.  I tried gambeling $20 on Thursday and it just wasn't fun alone and sober.  So I sit around and I eat and I sleep and I read and I blog. And I smoke.  But smoking a pack a day is a lot of work.  You pretty much have to be smoking 1-2 an hour for every hour that you're awake and that's harder than you might think.

So yeah, sobriety sucks.  It's boring and lonely.  What more can I say?

No comments: