October 14, 2005

So I took my bi-weekly color quiz (http://www.colorquiz.com) and it came up with an interesting little tid-bit on me that I think I should write about:

"The fear that he may be prevented from achieving the things he wants leads him into a relentless search for satisfaction in the pursuit of illusory or meaningless activities."

This made me realize that the reason I do a lot of things is because I fear that I won't be able to achieve what I really want.

It's the reason I:
Smoke
Drink
Watch TV
Play video games
Read
Watch Sports
Make small talk
Eat in excess
Talk to my family
Work
Shop
Hope
Contemplate nothingness
Take the color quiz
and
the
list
goes
on
....
...
..
.

This is the kind of epiphany that alters my view of myself and the world. Life in the pursuit of distraction. There is no long any such thing as happiness,
LIFE IS THE PURSUIT OF DISTRACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What is the point of life now? There is none! The futility of life is consuming my every breath, god give me meaning!

No comments: